Article 1. General Provisions
1. "e-Stat API - Terms of Services (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms") stipulates the conditions under which users (excluding the users of an application. hereinafter referred to as the "Users") may use the API functions (hereinafter referred to as the "Function") provided by e-Stat, which is operated and managed by the National Statistics Center (hereinafter referred to as the "Statistics Center").
2. Users shall comply with the Terms, as well as the User Guide, Help, etc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms and Services") posted on e-Stat in using this Function.
Article 2. Registration
1. The only Users who have done registration shall be able to use the Function.
Article 3. Application ID
1. Statistics Center will issue an application ID to identify the Users of the Function after completion of the user registration under the preceding Article.
2. The Users shall not transfer or lend their issued application ID to any third party.
3. The Users shall promptly notify the Statistics Center of any unauthorized use of their application ID by a third party.
4. If the Statistics Center is contacted in accordance with the preceding paragraph, or determines that an application ID is being used illegally by a third party or suspected, the Statistics Center may immediately suspend the application ID and the use of the Function.
Article 4. Provision of the Usage Status
1. The government and the Statistics Center may ask the Users about the use of the Function by means of questionnaires or other methods. In such cases, the Users shall provide information in disclosable scope.
2. The government and the Statistcs Center may publish the provided information as the example of its use.
Article 5. Condition of Service Provision
1. The Function may be suspended or its performance may deteriorate without notice.
2. The Statistics Center reserves the right to suspend the Function and change its specifications without prior notice.
The Statistics Center may limit access depending on the load status of the Function.
Article 6. The use of Contents
Article 7. Credit
When providing services using this Function, the User shall clearly indicate the source of the use of the Function in a separately specified manner.
Article 8. Prohibitions
1. The Users shall not engage in any of following acts.
(1) Act of interference with the operation of the Function
(2) A huge number of access in a short period of time or other acts that interfere with the operation of the Function
2. The Statistics Center reserves the right to suspend the Function to the Users if the Statistics Center determine the Users is commiting or is likely to commit any of the above-mentioned acts.
Article 9. Termination
When the Users violate Terms of Services, the government and the Statistics Center reserves the right to terminate the use of the Function without prior notice to such Users.
Article 10. Disclaimer
1. Neither the government nor the Statistics Center guarantees integrity, accuracy, validity, and safety of the contents provided by the Funcion.
2. Neither the government nor the Statistics Center take responsibility to the Users for interruption and suspension of the Function.
3. Neither the government nor the Statistics Center shall be liable to the User for any data disappearance or any other damage that may arise in connection with the application.
Article 11. Compensation
The Users shall take their own responsibility to solve for any complaints, claims, or other disputes with third parties in regard to creation and operation of application that uses the Function.
Article 12. Privacy and Data Protection
Article 13. The change of the Terms of Services
The government and the Statistics Center may revise the Terms and Services. Revisions to the Terms and Services shall take effect when it is posted on the e-Stat, and the Users shall comply with it.
Article 14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, and any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo Summary Court or the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance in accordance with the value of the subject matter of the suit.